This course is designed to build a foundation of knowledge essential for Law Enforcement leadership and management. The establishment of elite teamwork, effectual collaboration, and effective communication will be examined and explored. We will discuss the importance of utilizing and developing situational awareness, self-awareness, and personal accountability,while leading through organizational change in a constantly changing environment.
• Explore the many avenues of guidelines for making right decisions.
• Display an advanced level of knowledge and skills of leadership
• Exhibit critical-thinking process to further the profession.
• Establish the value ofthe profession to the community.
• Understand and evaluate current and future issues and trends in basic principles of leadership and the characteristics of the effective transformational leader.
• Gain an understanding of our own strengths and weaknesses via the DISC personality assessment, while learning to appreciate others’ unique capabilities and growth areas.
• Appreciate the appropriate use of power in providing first line supervision in policing.
• Learn effective concepts dealing with time management and situational leadership.
• Leave this course witha renewed commitment to the importance of both adhering to and providing an environment dedicated to ethical leadership of ourselves, our subordinates, the communities we serve.
Participants must be prepared to participate in interactive classroom exercises. In addition to lecture and discussion, participants are expected to record key information onthe participant handout materials and take personal notes.
Throughout the program participants will be involved in individual and group activities where they apply the concepts being presented in class and share their findings by presenting their individual or group’s ideas and applications to the rest ofthe class. Thus, all participants will derive the added benefits of learning from each other and enhance their understanding and appreciation of each other.