Investigating Basic Sex Crimes
DATES: 8/21/2018 through 8/22/2018
INSTRUCTOR(S): Tom Tittle
LOCATION: Colorado Convention Center - 700 14th Street, Denver, CO 80202
HOTEL: Hilton Garden Inn - Denver, CO 303-603-8000
$180.00 Single or Double, Plus $32.00 per Night Valet Parking.
Identify with Grroup Code PATCG Discounted Room & Parking Rates.
Book Room Online Here
COURSE REGISTRATION FEE: $325.00 Includes all training materials, and a Certificate of Completion.
THOMAS G. TITTLE is a retired Captain with the Marion
County, Florida, Sheriff’s Office. Captain Tittle became a member of the Marion County Sheriff’s Office in 1977 and
was assigned to the Civil Division. Since then he has held assignments within the following areas: Patrol
Division, Street Crimes, Property Crimes, Major Crimes, Training Director, Community Relations, D.A.R.E. Officer,
Drug Unit and Communications. Prior to the Juvenile Division, Captain Tittle was in charge of a District Station
where he supervised uniformed patrol officers and a district detective. Additionally, he was on the S.W.A.T. for
13 years with his last assignment as a Team Leader. During Captain Tittle’s tenure in investigations, he has
investigated numerous major crimes, drug cases and property crimes, including, but not limited to: sexual assaults
(children and adults), child abuse, robberies, suicides, death investigations, crimes against persons, and vice
cases. Captain Tittle holds an Associate of Arts degree from Central Florida Community College in Ocala, Florida.
He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida. Additionally,
he is a graduate of the Southern Police Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. He has attended numerous courses in
Death Investigations, Sex Crimes, DEA School, Sniper school, SWAT courses and Domestic Relations. Captain Tittle
is an adjunct instructor at the Central Florida Community’s Criminal Justice Institute where he has instructed
firearms, driving, domestic violence, crisis intervention and interviews & interrogations techniques and crimes
against the elderly. Captain Tittle has had articles published in; The Florida Police Chief, American Police Beat
and Inside School Safety and has self-published six law enforcement training manuals.
Pre-Payment is NOT required to register or attend this seminar
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THIS SEMINAR
This 2.5 day class is directed towards prosecutors, rape crisis and social workers, mental health
counselors, and specifically the law enforcement officer. The attendee will gain insight into sexual behaviors through the
examination of, (but not limited to): victim/witness interviews (child & adult), motivations, survey studies, statistical
data and suspect analysis. Theories and trend projections will also be explored.
This course of study is a comprehensive overview for the participant for the entry into the investigative field of deviant
sexual behavior. Furthermore, this will prepare the student to give basic public presentations and discussions on the topic.
For investigations in this field, the Investigating Officer must have a(n):
Understanding Of Good Communication Skills
- What a Good Interviewer Asks/Seeks
- Ability to Link Up with the Victim
- Sensitivity to the Situation
- “Specific” Questions to Ask
- Review/Assessment of Selective Questions/Statements
Insight Of A Sex Offender’s Behavior
- Ability to “Examine” the Scene
- Statistical Data
- “Psychology” of the Sex Offender
- Juvenile Offenders
Knowledge Of Sex Crimes
- Criminal vs. Non-Criminal
- Motivational Factors
- Victim Reactions
- Exposure/Overview of Selected Cases
- Investigative Concepts
- Working Knowledge of Sexual Terminology.
- Insight to Develop Investigative Strategies for Victims and Suspects.
- Have Advanced Knowledge of Sexual Behaviors.
- Examine Data and Statistics for Clearer Understanding of Why? and How?
- Historical Aspects, Beliefs and Origins of Sex Terms and Practices.
- Enable the Student to Develop a Knowledgeable Presentation to Civic Groups.
- Understand Aspects of Victimized Children and Rapport Building.
- Receive a Student Study Guide with the Information Covered
During the Class.
- Exposure to Theories and Statements from Mental Health
“Establishing An Investigative Foundation”