Duration: 1 hour
Presenters: Brent Ransom and Kathy Swensen
Date/Time: This is a recorded webinar. Registration/Purchase gives 30 day access to this webinar, streaming online, to view as many times as you need, by as many people in your agency as you need. Listen to instructions in the webinar for details on downloading webinar materials and how to receive certificate of training completion. Certificates restricted to officers/employees within the agency/company of the purchasing agent.
NOTE: Use "Print Order Form" to 1) process registration by invoice, or 2) register multiple webinars on one order, or 3) order recorded/past webinars on disk.
DEVELOP AND CONDUCT
FAIR, DEFENSIBLE AND TRANSPARENT PROMOTIONAL EXAMS
The primary purpose of this webinar is provide the attendee with an understanding of employment law standards, provide insight into key court cases that shape public safety employment and promotion, and outline the technical standards for developing and administering public safety promotional exams that are fair, defensible and transparent.
Primary Topics Include:
- Case Law - Legal Framework for Conducting Promotional Examinations
- Adverse Impact " Diversity Challenges"
- Definition of a promotional process to include examples
- Definition of an assessment center to include examples
- Best Practices for Developing Promotional Examinations
- Strategies: Job Analysis, Test Development, Test Administration, Scoring & Evaluation, Decision Making Process.